Sunday, June 5, 2011

The [B]log: April 29, 2011 - Day 2

Wow! Several days of cold weather and then today was gorgeous! Even by 9:20 when it came time for me to bike to work. One of my past computer addictions that I must now learn to live without is wunderground.com - the amazing weather site. The day looked beautiful - not a cloud in the sky - so I left for work with only a sweatshirt - not even a jacket in my trusty backpack. (Also of note: I broke down and bought a bike-specific map of the Twin Cities with my employee discount at work. I took a more "bike friendly" route this morning and was rewarded with prettier scenery, less traffic and few red lights!) By 6 PM it was raining buckets. Ah yes, that's what it feels like to not be able to read the weather's forecast... By 7 PM I somberly called for a ride from Brooke when I got off at 9. She arrived at 8:30 (with my sister - visiting for the weekend and wanting to check out the shop) and there was no rain to be found. The roads had even retained enough heat that all residual moisture on the roads had *evaporated*! Whoops! So I biked home in the end. Lesson learned: when you don't know what to expect from the weather, be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment