Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Few Post Titles...

So... I've been in Colorado for 2.5 days now, and I've worked two full days at the winery already. I've already learned to prune vines, use tractors to plow and how to turn off the main irrigation source in case some bumbling newbie worker breaks off one of the irrigation pipe heads, leaving water gushing out all over the vines. My how time flies. I have also come to realize that I have not written for quite some time, especially in regard to my epic journey out west with a packed out little car. Nor have I even so much as called my mommy to tell her that I made it safely (Sorry Mom, I'll get around to it soon enough, just like I always do). Anyway, as a form of atonement, I will go as far as to just list some of the post titles I was tossing around in my head on my way out - how best to sum up my trip in an annoyingly cute, yet gripping way. So here they are - with fleshing out hopefully to come later (when it's not past my bedtime...). [Huh. Maybe people can vote on which they want me most to write a short essay on...]

1. The Rest Areas of I-80: numerous as they are helpful [not sarcastic]
2. Q: How are my car and the U.S. alike? A: They both have an insatiable thirst for oil!!
3. On the Effects of Using Bicycle Wheels to Reduce Global Carbon Emissions
4. Dried Pears are Awesome [this would actually be a short essay, but very convincing...]
5. Does this mountain make me look fat?: The Effects of Altitude on Sealed Pretzel Bags.
6. My Car Loves Mountains, My Car Hates Mountains: How both can be true.
7. Iowa v. Nebraska: The Boring Battle!
8. Home is Where the Hea... Sound System is.

To wrap up, I made it alive, I love Colorado, and I'm going to bed!

1 comment:

  1. ha! I think I vote for no. 4 and 8.
    Also, apparently even though I thought I signed up to get this in my email, it only shows up in my google reader, which I , uh, don't check. so... hmph. anyway, glad to hear you made it safetly/soundy. hearts and bones.

    ReplyDelete