Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Time for Repose and Reflection. Hah.
I'm working at a camp this summer. The name of the camp is Wilderness Wind. Thus far it's proven very interesting and fulfilling work. The not-work is also very interesting and fulfilling. We pause for silence, discuss and reflect quite a bit. It's good for me. I'm thinking a lot and learning much about myself. One interesting side-effect is that I'm kind of in my own little world here. I make time for reading and friends and my guitar, but I rarely surf the nets. Since my arrival I haven't seen a single episode of the Daily Show, watched a movie, or even a YouTube video. And I don't miss it. I also haven't blogged, and I kind of miss that. But I've also lost track of time, gotten behind in correspondences, forgotten to call even my family members... If you count yourself among those who enjoy reading my blog, I send my personal apologies to you. Tonight will not be the night that I write. I'm already up much past my bed time, working on housing application forms and obtaining free credit reports. But, now that I've publicly acknowledged an intent to write a more detailed and hopefully entertaining post, hopefully I soon will. In the meanwhile, a consolation prize: a post I wrote for Wilderness Wind's blog...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment